Welcome to South Florida Mold Inspections! If you are searching for a company to do your mold inspection, then you have come to the right place! Our mold assessor has been performing mold investigations since 2007.
We get many calls from potential clients looking for information on mold inspections. They generally want to know what a mold inspection consists of, and how much does it cost. Because every case is unique, we usually have to ask the client a number of questions about the home or business before we can properly answer their questions. Below is a general explanation of the process from start to finish.
- Gather information before the initial visit regarding the condition of the major systems, and whether there have been roof leaks or recent flooding of the property.
- Perform an on site visual inspection of the building and the systems which affect the indoor air quality.
- Record the temperature and relative humidity inside the property.
- Use thermal imaging to locate hidden moisture sources that may not be visible to the human eye.
- Take pictures and document the conditions in the written report in order to implement a plan of action, if needed.
- When testing is indicated, samples will be collected from the area(s) of concern, from non-complaint areas, and from an outside control.
- Both air samples and surface samples may be taken, if indicated.
- Submit the written report of the findings, including a protocol for remediation, if indicated.
- Return to perform post remediation testing upon completion of remediation to determine if the remediation was successful.